Icom IC-F4400D Two Way Radio
The Icom IC-F4400D is a world-class, emergency management, two way radio system. The Icom IC-F4400D two way radio is designed specifically for: emergency management, fire evacuation, natural disaster management, search & rescue teams and mission critical operations.
Traditionally emergency management radios are big and bulky, however, Icom's IC-F4400D offers the latest in emergency management technology, in a slim, easy to carry, light weight form factor. Icom are known around the world as offering world-class Japanese engineering and technology, that you can count on when you need it most.
Icom IDAS two way radio technology is deployed by the United Nations into war zones and natural disaster operations. The Icom IC-F4400D series two way radio is ideal for: mission critical users, emergency operations, search & rescue teams, government users, executive security, and those who require a radio they can depend on in an environmental crisis, such as a tsunami or flood.
The Icom IC-F4400 series radio comes in three models, the Icom IC-F4400D, Icom IC-F4400DS, Icom IC-F4400DT.
Icom IC-F4400D (No LCD Screen / No Key Pad Model) (UHF) - Suitable for Junior Level Employees / General Public
Icom IC-F4400DS (LCD Screen / Simple Key Pad Model) (UHF) - Suitable for Middle Management
Icom IC-F4400DT (LCD Screen / Full Key Pad Model) (UHF) - Suitable for Chief Wardens / Directors
A Host of Features Ready For Any Emergency....
Stuck in a flood? Icom IC-F4400D offer AquaQuake™ Draining Function
Find yourself stuck in a flood or other natural water disater? Whilst other emergency management radios offer IP67 or IP68 waterproofing, which protects the radio from internal damage by water ingress, should those radios ever come into contact with water, the radio will require the radio speaker to "dry out" for a few hours before you can resume operation. The Icom IC-F4400D two way radio addresses this operational challenge by introducing AquaQuake™ draining technology. By emitting a vibrating buzz sound, the AquaQuake™ draining function clears water from the speaker grill and allows the radio to maintain clear audio. The AquaQuake™ function is ideal for: search and rescue teams, or radio users at risk to getting their radios exposed to water in an emergency siutation, or those radio users who are deployed to respond to natural disasters.
Need to create a WiFi hotspot, without thet Internet?
The new IDAS radios can be used as a transparent data modem which can transmits data at 9600 bps over the radio channel using 12.5 kHz channel spacing. Simply connect your computer to your radio via the built in Bluetooth, and share your data to other radios in range of your radio. The radio boasts a 5 Watt digital transmit function, therefore you can transfer data for potentially kilometers.
Unbreakable 256-bit DES/AES Encryption with OTAR
Need to communicate securely? When the Icom IC-F4400D series two way radio is teamed up with the soptional UT-134 encryption unit, this offers 256-bit AES encryption to keep your conversations and data transmissions secure. 256-bit AES encryption is only theoretically breakable at a Federal Law enforcement level, therefore your competitors wont be listening.
As if that wasn't secure enough, as an additional layer of security, the IC-F4400D encryption protocol offers an OTAR (Over-the-Air Rekeying) function. The OTAR function allows the updating of encryption keys over the radio channel every time a user presses the PTT button to communicate. This updates the encryption keys of your radios continously, to shake up things up, and keep your communication virtually unbreakable.
The Chief Warden is now heard and felt.
The IC-F4400DS and Icom IC-F4400DT offers a world-class vibration. The radio can be programmed to vibrate when a specific user in your radio system calls. The vibration is powerfully enough to be felt through heavy clothing. A host of vibration patterns are programmable, ensuring a unique vibration can be felt not ignored.
Record Every Call.
The best way to ensure effective team performance is knowing they are being recorded. With the Icom IC-F4400D you can record every inbound and outbound call on the radio. When a 32 GB microSD* card is used, a up to a maximum of 500 hours of audio recording is possible. The recorded audio is saved in “wav” format and allows replay on the radio or a PC. * MicroSD card is sold separately.
People Scream During Emergencies. Enable Audio Equalizer & Auto Gain Function.
Icom's IC-F4400D audio equalizer can be activated by Radio Warehouse, to allow you to tailor the audio tone of your radio to suit the speech characteristics and the language in use. The auto gain control function controls the speech audio to a constant volume, regardless of the input magnitudes of the voice or distance of the microphone from the mouth.
Five types of tone controls – flat, high boost, middle boost, low boost and low cut – are available.
IC-F4400D - Support for Multiple Languages
Does your team communicate in a language other than English? The Icom IC-F4400DS and Icom IC-F4400DT LCD menu system can be adjusted to be operated in French, German, Spanish, Russian and Simplified Chinese. Moreover, if you require audio announcements on your radios, you can supply your own custom voice announcements to Radio Warehouse, which we can change as the output localized language. Now everyone, no matter your language or dialect can operate a radio, without needing to translate in another language, in an emergency situation.
Are there loud sirens activated in your emergency? Demand Icom's ANC (Active Noise Canceling) Technology
The Icom IC-F4400D radios offers active noise cancelling technology, which assists in providing clear communication whilst sirens, such a fire alarms or emergency service vehicles are hallowing in the background. Team your radio up with a Hirose® accessory from the world's leading manufacturer of audio accessories, Wireless Pacific, to ensure your communication remains heard in a variety of different audio environments.
Icom IC-F4400DS and Icom IC-F4400DT: High-Resolution Color LCD
The Icom IC-F4400DS and Icom IC-F4400DT both sport a high-resolution transreflective color LCD screen, which enhances visibility both in natural and indoor lighting. Those who use radio at night time will be delighted by the night mode LCD setting
Motion/Stationary Detection Sensors
For emergency situations, the new IDAS radios have an emergency button and five emergency-related functions: man down, motion detection, stationary detection, lone worker and power OFF emergency functions. The motion/stationary sensor sensitivity level is programmable in 10 levels for each function.
* Man down, motion detection and stationary detection for handheld radios only.
The position data can be sent with voice call or status call and can be used with an AVL (Automatic Vehicle Location) system. The GPS log functions logs user position data at regular intervals and can be saved to a microSD card. The new IDAS radios can show direction and distance to another radio or specified point, and notifies you with a beep sound if the target is in the specified range.
USB Port for PC Connection
The new IDAS radios can be connected to a PC through a USB port for programming radios and accessing the installed microSD card in mass storage mode.
The new IDAS radios can notify channel number, zone and channel type with voice announcement. This function is convenient for making radio adjustments without having to look at the radio.
OTAP and OAA
For efficiency in radio programming, the OTAP (Over-the-Air-Programming) function allows remote change of programming data (for example adding a new repeater) over the radio channel. The OAA (Over-the-Air-Alias) function sends user name over the radio channel and eliminates needs to program the alias table. Successfully manage your fleet with ease.
The built-in Bluetooth module provides remote operation and hands-free communication paired with a third-party Bluetooth headset*. When connected with Bluetooth telemetric devices or PC terminals, data or files can be wirelessly transferred.
* Available functions depend on paired Bluetooth devices.
- 380–470, 450–520 MHz wide frequency coverage
- 1024 memory channels with 128 zones (IC-F4400DS & Icom IC-F4400DT)
- 32 memory channels (IC-F4400D series only)
- IP68 waterproof and dust-tight protection (1m depth for 1 hour). Dry speaker out quickly with AquaQuake™
- US MIL-STD 810 C/D/E/F/G (Built for war zones or natural disasters).
- 14-pin ACC connector with BTL amplifier output. Huge range of Hirose® accessories available from world's leading two way radio accessory manufacturer: Wireless Pacific
- IDAS conventional and multi-site conventional
- Type-D single-site trunking and multi-site trunking*
- Type-C trunking*
- Analog/Digital conventional mixed mode operation
- Status • Text message
- Call alert • Radio check
- Radio Stun/Revive/Kill
- Remote monitor
* Type-C and Type-D multi-site trunking are license key upgrade options.
Analog FM Mode Features
- 2-tone, 5-tone, CTCSS and DTCS built-in
- DTMF autodial and DTMF decode
- MDC 1200 compatible
- Basic LTR™ trunking
- Audio compander
- Inversion voice scrambler
- Forced narrow function
|Recommended For:||80 CB UHF Channels, Dirty / Dusty Environments, Emergency / Evacuation, Military / Mission Critical, Security|
|Analog / Digital / IP||Analog / Digital, Analog Only, Digital Only|
|Programming Capabilities||80 CB Public UHF Channels, Onsite 16™ Team Channels, Licenced / Private Channel|
|Channel Capacity||32 Channels / 2 Zones - 512 / 128 Zones|
|Ingress Protection (Rain & Dust Proof)||Yes (IP68)|
|Transmit Power (Watts)||4/5|
|Radio Frequency Band (Transmit)||450-512 MHz|
|Radio Audio Speaker Power||900mW|
|Encryption / Scrambler||Yes|
|Battery Life (Approximate)||BP-283 Battery - 10 hours (Approx.) | BP-284 Battery - 16 hours (Approx.)|
|Weight (If available)||0.17|
Why Choose Radio Warehouse?
- We are passionate about helping your organisation communicate with two way radios. Your Mission is Our Passion™!
- We are trusted by thousands of Australian business and government radio users.
- We've lived and breathed two way radio for over 40 years. Our company directors were senior directors of Motorola and the Australian Army.
- We only sell proven commercial grade quality two way radio solutions & accessories. No toy radios. No untested brands. No illegal or back channel imports.
- Proud Corporate Members of the Australian Radio Communications Industry Assocation.
- Enjoy peace of mind long after your purchase. We offer complete after-sales, warranty & free technical support.
- We use overnight courier service with Startrack (Unless you are located in a rural area or the product is out of stock).
- We believe in choice! If your current dealer is only offering you brand X, are they really giving you objective advice that's right for your business?
- Has your current dealer told you that you need a "site visit"? Don't be stiched up into a false sense of security. Two way radio is not black magic and in almost all circumstances, you can be assisted over the phone (and maybe a little help with Google Earth if your project site is particuarly large).
- Still not convinced? Please call us on (03) 8685 8276 and experience the Radio Warehouse difference. (Naturally, our consultants earn 0% commission!)
Be the first to review this product
Write Your Own Review
Walkie Talkies & Two Way Radios Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane